Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Moments Valentine Card

Well, another day, and another card to let my hubby know he is loved and appreciated. This is my card for day 3 of the week leading up to Valentines Day. This card kind of has a story behind it. I totally LOVE trees...and everywhere we go I am always noticing the trees along the way. I know...kind of weird! Anyway, this card is to thank him for his adventuresome spirit, and his love of the open road - we both LOVE taking road trips. These trips have taken us to the Redwoods in California, the Sugar Maples in Quebec, Canada, to the few (but really cool) trees in Oklahoma and Kansas, and hiking and camping under all the trees in our lovely area in the Northwest. I love how we have carved many of the memories of our life in this way.

Anyway, used the tree from Sweethearts, sentiment from Unity Stamps, Baker's Twine, some doodling - and lots of faux stitching. I am entering this in the Wacky Wednesday Challenge over at More Than Favors to make a Valentine's Card.

Thanks for looking - hope you are having a great day!!!



9 comments:

  1. I love this! What an adorable card!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - I love the tree! I also wanted to let you know that I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award. You can pick it up at my blog. I really enjoy your work, and your cause is incredible!
    Emily
    molliemugsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I absolutely love this sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your cards. Where do you get bakers twine at? I looked at my crafting stores and I keep coming across the boring tan or white colors. Any advice would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophia - I couldn't find ANYTHING at my local crafting stores, so I ordered it from http://www.thetwinery.com/ and it has been so worth it! I use it all the time. They have sample packs, or you can get the large spools of it if you want to spend the money.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, really nice! So pretty. It's not weird to notice the trees you are paying attention to the beauty around you! TFS, Cathryn67

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and LOVE the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete