Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It's all about ewe!!! (Birthday card for my mom!!!)

So...don't look at this today Mom!!! Tomorrow is her birthday, so I needed to get this done for sure! I am also entering this in two different challenges: Peachy Keen's Sketch Challenge to use the sketch they provided - and add some bling - and More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday - zoo theme (they have sheep at our zoo...in the petting farm area! So hopefully that counts!).

The card shape is once again from A Child's Year - I am loving all the shapes on there that are great for cards! This is one of the tags resized on my Gypsy and welded - it was originally a rectangle, and I wanted a 5x5 card - love how I can change it on my Gypsy! The circles on the background were also cut from a tag on that same cartridge - the outer one was cut from glitter paper. Found the sheep on Birthday bash, and cut off the extra so it was just a sheep, ran the wool through the Cuttlebug and added a Peachy face from the Wide-Eyed and Bushy Tailed Assortment. Couldn't resist a little more bling, so I added that with my Jolee's heat set tool, and added a bow and some faux stitching. Also pop-dotted the sheep from the background, and added a sentiment from Pink by Design (or actually part of two different sentiments, put together to say what I wanted!). Can't wait to give it to my mom (she loves sheep, by the way!).

7 comments:

  1. Holy cow are you fast!! What a great card! Happy Birthday to your Mom! She's going to love it, I am sure! Thanks so much for joining the PK challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, your mom is in for a treat!!! Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and happy birthday to your mom.love the base of the card with that nicely tied ribbion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW great birthday card,SUPER CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Ewe' did a great job with your Mum's card and it's great to have you join in our challenge at Peachy Keen. Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. I love it. Victoria :)

    ReplyDelete