Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Easter!

Since my hubby was gone this weekend at a Men's Advance with the guys from our church, I took the opportunity to catch up a bit on my I put myself on a cardmaking ban until I hit my goal! I do my scrapbooking by year, so my goal was to finish the last of 2009...about 25 pages!!! And yesterday afternoon - I finished the last one! So...I rewarded myself by making a quick card last night!

I am entering this in the Inspired Heart Challenge over at Getting Cricky with K Andrews - to make a project about what inspired you right at this moment. The sermon at church yesterday morning was talking a lot about the Resurrection, and that is what Easter is to me! And very little makes me think of new life as much as butterflies!

For this card, I used the Unity Stamp January Kit of the month for the stamped flower border with black Stickles in the centers, and the sentiment came from a stamp in my stash...don't remember what brand it was, but I know I purchased it from Michael's. Added some butterflies that I cut from Straight from the Nest, on the shift key of the phrase feature - covered them with Glossy Accents and glitter. Inked the edges of everything, and finished with some luscious velvet ribbon and stick on red pearls.


  1. Oh I love it and all that glitter...faaaabulous!! :) hugs x

  2. Very nice!!! What type of glitter did you use? I really love the look it gives!

  3. Thank you!!! I used Martha Stewart coarse glitter - and stuck it on with Glossy Accents! Isn't it beautiful?

  4. Your card is beautiful. I love those butterflies. Stunning
    Thanks for joining us for Simply Sundays at Getting Cricky

  5. Love the butterflies, they look they are sugar coated! So pretty!

  6. This is so beautiful. I love the butterflies. Great Job. Good Luck

  7. I have a blog award for you. Come on over and get it when you get a chance!

  8. How beautiful! I really love the butterflies!! Thanks for playing along in the Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Rachel Miller

  9. Wow oh wow! This is a beautiful card! I love the colors and all the glitter. I too love my Unity KOM. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

  10. This is absolutly GORGEOUS! The red and turquoise just pops--but that glitter just makes the entire card! LOVE it!
    Thanks so much for playing my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    All the Cricky Best,
    K Andrew

  11. Your card is great! Stunning creation. I love the butterflies.
    Hugs Dunja (DE)