Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Creative Time - Throwback Thursday


Cutting it kind of close - but I managed to complete my card for Emma's Throwback Thursday challenge over at My Creative Time. I am also entering it in this weeks challenge at Fantabulous Cricut - Mother's Day, and Ribbon Carousel - Word to Your Mother challenge for the week! Here is my entry for both:
The challenge was frames - to use any cartridge that had a frame on it. So...I used Formal Occasion- which has lots of fun and funky frames! I also cut the fan out using the same cartridge. You can see in the photo below, I used pop dots between each layer - so there is LOTS of dimension on this card!
All my papers are from some older My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pads that I still have in my stash. I inked all the edges with gray ink, then added some Glossy Accents and Martha Stewart glitter to the edges of the frame and top layer of the fan. Also couldn't resist adding a cute Peachy face from the newest Cherub Face Assortment
I also used my Tim Holtz distress tool on the outside edge of the base square of pattern paper. Finished off by adding a crinkle ribbon bow, and a sentiment from Emma's stamps - the first set I ever purchased! Still one of my favorites! 

I also used the color inspiration from the Cricut Circle National Scrapbook Challenge. When I printed it off, the orange looked a bit more yellow, so that is the color I went with in my card...anyway - here is the photo:


So thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful evening!


8 comments:

  1. How pretty!!! I just love the sparkle and ribbon is perfect! You always have such great attention to detail! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty. I love the depth and dimension on that DARLING fan, not to mention the blingy edge. Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that glitter you added--awesome job! Glad you joined us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. The glitter is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh... This is just precious! I just LOVE the fan and the little face makes me giggle. I also love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mother's day card is BEAUTIFUL!GORGEOUS job with all the great details,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!and the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is just soo beautiful! The face on the fan is JUST PERFECT! Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Heather!!! Congrats on winning the challengw :)
    Have a lovely day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete