Sunday, July 19, 2026

Layered Background Birthday Wishes Cards - Simon Says Stamp

Hello again! You can NEVER have enough birthday cards, so I always love when I can make several all at once, just by changing one thing so that you also have some variety. These cards use a mix of supplies from Simon Says Stamp - a stencil, background stamp, sentiment die...and they all come together for a really fun design!


These cards came together kind of unexpectedly! I started off by stenciling some backgrounds using the Leafy Greens stencil that I hadn't had a chance to put to use yet. I stenciled one panel each with Wheat, Eucalyptus, and Salmon inks, then softly ink blended around the edges of those panels with the next lightest shades of ink in Straw, Jade, and Shell. I planned on just using those as they were, but then I spotted the Scripty Birthday Background set (another one I hadn't had a chance to use), and decided it might be fun to stamp that over the top, so why not?!? I used colors from a different color family for each one, but similar tones, just a darker shade. I used Honey, Pine, and Terracotta for those. Isn't it unexpected but fun? I then cut those panels out with Stitched Rectangles dies, matted with a bit of white cardstock, and then added with foam adhesive to cardbases created with cardstock from the Lawn Fawn Schoolyard paper pack. I die cut the Birthday Wishes sentiment for each card from black and white cardstock, and added secondary sentiments from Big Old Birthday, then finished off with coordinating Dazzling Gems in Sunbeam, Sprout, and Mandarin. Here is a closer peek at all these finished cards:










Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment