Tuesday, July 17, 2012

MFT Getting Sketchy #80 - I've got UR back


Good morning! I'm once again coming in at the last minute with my entry for this weeks My Favorite Things Getting Sketchy #80. Here is what I made this time around:
And here is the sketch: 

Okay...I don't know if I've said it already - but I just LOVE the Simple Stories Summer Fresh collection! Some of my favorite papers for sure - and once again I am being good and using them instead of hoarding them! I used one of the MFT Ala'modes stamps and put her on some pattern paper. I colored her with Copics, and paper pieced the "U" and "R" with my favorite paper from this paper pad. 
Used the mini tab Die-namics on kraft paper, then stamped my sentiment on each of them. 
All of the edges were distressed with my Tim Holtz distress tool - these papers fit particularly well with this effect I think!
 
And that's it! A pretty simple card - but I'm pretty happy with it. Sometimes simple is best! 
I am also linking this up with this weeks Simon Says Stamp and Show - No Rules! Challenge.

Thanks for visiting me today! Hope you are having a wonderful week! Blessings to you!



7 comments:

  1. So cute...love the papers! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather ~ okay this card is just FABULOUS! I LOVE the design and the paper! How CUTE is the image and the sentiment! Made me crack up! GREAT card and your post ~ TOTALLY true and funny! I LOVE the new collection they are coming out with! Too exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... The Chevron design is AMAZING!!! I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute.. I do love the papers. Will have to find them.

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and gorgeous papers! I really love that patchwork cheveron :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and stylish card - I love the patchwork effect on it! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete