Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Craft Spot Release Party Day 4 - Bundle of Joy


Good morning! I am so excited to share my sneak with you for the stamp set the My Craft Spot Design Team got to play with today! As soon as I saw this set, I zeroed in immediately on this sentiment! It is something my Mom used to say all the time, in fact I think she had a framed copy of it hanging by her kitchen sink. And it is something I repeated often to myself when my kids were little! Here is what I made with it:
I used my Nestabilities to cut out and emboss the frame shape, inking the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen, then stamped the sentiment on it. 
Used some Milk Chocolate Crinkle Ribbon, and some Lemon Drop Twinery Twine (click HERE and HERE to purchase these at My Craft Spot) to make a bow behind the frame, then attached it with foam adhesive. Added a Kaisercraft resin flower to the center of it.
The pattern papers are both by October Afternoon - that yummy floral is from the new Cakewalk collection - which I got and am in LOVE with! I am trying to break my habit of hoarding stuff I love, so I cut right into it for this project! The yellow is from an older collection called Thrift Shop. 
I cut the baby silhouette using my Cricut and a A Child's Year cartridge, attached it with foam adhesive, and finished off with a couple of stick on gems from my stash. 
Thanks so much for stopping by to see me today! Hope you have a wonderful day - and take time to check out the rest of the peaks by the Design Team over at My Craft Spot



8 comments:

  1. So cute...I rarely use silhouette cuts...yours is great! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card!! FAB sentiment and love the baby silhouette!!
    TFS
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the siloutte you used. The card is lovely and so sweet with such a great sentiment.

    Loving Scrpper101

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty!! I love the shadow cut!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baby card! Great colors and love the silhouette!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the silhouette look & colors.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the silhouette, the colors, shoot I just love it.

    Hugs
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS! I love the chocolate colors you used in this! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete