Friday, March 22, 2013

Unity FWF - You Lift My Spirits

 Good morning! It's Friday - and we are on the road heading home to visit family - so excited to be seeing them all! But I also thought I would share a bright and fun spring card for Unity Friends with Flair - as well as for the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World:
I also thought it would be fun to play along a little more in the Unity {be inspired} Challenge - I used the color inspiration for this card:


I used my brand new Unity March Kit of the Month - these are seriously so much fun! You get so many fun stamps, and so much variety for such a great price! I really am addicted! Anyway...I stamped my images from the kit of some green Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock and heat embossed with white powder, then inked the edges with some coordinating distress ink.
Mounted it on some American Crafts pattern paper, then added some bling in the bottom right corner, and glued on a couple of Studio Calico wood veneer people - the idea was to have them look like they were holding on to the kite strings...not sure if it worked or not! 
I added some pink polka dot washi tape to a couple corners, then a bit of teal polka dot washi tape to the top right corner. 
Layered a bow made out of Baker's Twine and a flower from my stash in the bottom corner, and used a Tim Holtz paper clip to attach a small piece of Tim Holtz film strip. 
Kind of a random card - but it totally makes me feel like spring! Hope it brightened your day as well! Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!

21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Heather! Your work is always drool worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every bit and piece of this card--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE potty people and kites just look at them together! Okay the paper is beautiful along with all the details! Have a safe and wonderful trip! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have ever seen all white stamping quite like this and I love the effect!! Gonna have to give it a try right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stamping .. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is just darling! The green just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Heather, you've done it again! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool card!! Love everything about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful, Heather!! I love the fresh colours and the little cute wood veneers. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is fabulous! Love the colors and the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your take on the challenge. Very nice and creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really nice design using the kit. The frame is great in white against that paper too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the colors and film strip clipped at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very pretty! Cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute creation! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a great spring-y design! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this!! Very spring color!! Just a sweet card with great details.

    ReplyDelete
  18. super cute, love the white embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is darling. love the frame and the kites in the white ink. darling accents you added. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete