Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Avocado Arts - Sassy Chicks for March

Good morning! I'm super excited to be sharing over on the Avocado Arts Blog this morning! I have 3 cards to share today - and lots of pictures:


This month's stamp set is such a darling and perfect set for spring...which I know many of us would love to have come soon!!!



For this first card - I cut a tag with my Paper Smooches stitched tag die, then layered lots of the fun images from this set on it. I love all the possibilities for scene building with this set! 


I tied some ribbon and twine to the top of it, then attached to all my other layers with foam adhesive.


All my pattern paper is from a MME 6x6 paper pad, I used my Lil' Inker's Stitched Circle dies for one layer, and I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on my white cardstock as well. Also tucked a doily in there - and finished off with a few enamel dots.


Next up I played with some embossing paste. For this one I started with a soft yellow cardstock, and used a stencil and some embossing paste to create a background. 


I stamped my cute little chick and sentiment onto a die cut frame that I cut with a Paper Smooches die, colored it with Copics, then added Glossy Accents to the glasses. I drew a line of Copics around the outside of my frame, using the included stitch lines as a guide, then covered it with Stickles for a bit more sparkle. Finished off by rounding off a couple of corners, then added some jute twine tied in a bow at the bottom.


Finally - I just had to play with that sunshine! 


For this card, I stamped the sunshine on pattern paper, then fussy cut it out. I added an angled panel over my pattern paper (from a Crate Paper 6x6 paper pad), then attached the sun with foam adhesive. 


I fussy cut out a flower from a little scrap of my pattern paper, then tied a bow with hemp twine and attached my flower over that. Finished off with a bit of bling on the sun to tie it all together.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment