Saturday, March 15, 2014

Light Bulb - Thinking of You

Good morning! I'm still so in love with the watercolor trend right now - simply cannot get enough of it! So I pulled out some of my Neat and Tangled stamps the other day and made this:


This is my third entry for Virginia's View Challenge #1 - I told you I loved watercolor!


I also wanted to join in on the current Little Tangles Challenge - to decorate the inside of the card as well as the front:


Here is a picture of the inside of my card - decorated to match the front! I don't usually decorate the inside of my cards, but I'm wondering if I need to do that a little more - LOVE how this turned out!


I started off by making a watercolor splotch with some Mister Huey's mixed with water - both for the inside and the outside. I also added a few splashes of extra color on the front.


Next, I stamped my light bulb from "Sparkle and Shine," and my sentiments from "Everyday Labels." I added the little tiny arrow from "You + Me" to kind of point to the rest of the sentiment on the inside. I also used my brush to paint in the words on the Everyday Labels sentiments so they were yellow too and really popped.


Finished off with some pattern paper from a Glitz Designs 6x6 paper pad, some black jute twine, and that fun bling that I had from Michael's. Added some Stickles to the light bulb, and rounded the top corner as well.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. I could not love the color yellow more, Heather! What an AWESOME design! Beauitufl use of water-color and choice of stamps! Thanks so much for linking to Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this card Heather! So many wonderful elements. Thank you so much for playing along at Little Tangles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pop of color! Great ideas. Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful creation! Thanks for playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love every single detail on your card, Heather. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Wow! Love that bright splash of yellow! Such a clever card design

    ReplyDelete