Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bokeh Effect Card for MCS

Good morning!  I'm sharing a card at My Craft Spot this morning with one of the new stamps sets that just released last week! I love trying to find different creative ways to use my stamps sets - I think it makes them more versatile in so many ways! For this one I used the new set called Clock Time to create a "bokeh" effect on my card:


Here is the stamp set - do you see the small circles I used? I also stamped some clocks over the top when I finished, and added a sentiment, framed by some of the pretty flourishes on the set.


I used some Hero Arts Ink, and Delicata Golden Glitz ink to stamp my circles, stamping each one 2 or 3 times before re-inking. This gives the look of more colors, even though I only used two ink pads! See those washi tape strips on the sides? Those were actually hiding some finger smudge marks I accidentally made when I was almost finished with the card! I didn't want to start over, and that seemed a great way to cover them up! :-)


I love that this is just a flat, one layer card - perfect for mailing, but has lots of dimension at the same time! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your card Heather! Great use of the stamps, I love the sentiments on this set also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh purty! And I love the sentiment. Here I sit at the PC while I should be getting other things done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a neat technique you used to create your background.

    ReplyDelete