Good morning! It's no secret that I love watercolors right now - probably my favorite way to play with my crafty supplies at the moment! I have a couple cards to share today using that technique:
I love playing with my Neat and Tangled stamps, and an excuse to play with watercolors as well? Yes please!!! Definitely playing along with this weeks Little Tangles Challenge - Watercolor:
I also got the chance to use some stuff I hadn't had a chance to break out of the package yet (the pinked edge die and the triangle background stamp) so I'm joining in NBUS Challenge #1 again - LOVE that this challenge inspires me to use all my supplies!
I also love the soft sweet inspiration in this weeks Cure for the Monday Blues - as well as the geometric feel:
I actually made two cards to share today - using very similar supplies, to end up with a very feminine card, and a more masculine card. I started off for this first one by heat embossing the Tiny Triangles stamp set from Neat and Tangled on watercolor paper, then randomly filling in the colors. It is hard to see in the photo, but I also added a healthy spritz of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine afterwards. I heat embossed my sentiments from Everyday Labels in white on kraft paper, trimmed them out, then punched a hole in them and the front panel and tied them on with some ivory jute twine. Finished off with some pattern paper from Basic Grey and a few Crystal Clear sequins.
Next up, here is my more masculine version:
The pinked edge die I used is from Avery Elle called Pinked ELLE-ments - and I am in love with it right now! I used it for both cards to cut my watercolor paper, which happened to be the perfect size for my triangle background. This time I added some soft washes of watercolor, then misted over so they bled quite a lot. I let that dry well, then came back with the same colors, and filled in the empty triangles a little darker, then covered them with Glossy Accents. Finished off with a sentiment from Sparkle and Shine heat embossed on a hand trimmed vellum banner then attached with a brad and a dot of glue on the other side. Finished off with some more Basic Grey pattern paper that I added some distress ink to the edges of and some hand drawn doodling to frame it in a bit.