Saturday, January 31, 2015

Neon Birthday Wishes!

Hello again! Back with another card for another challenge! This one is totally using the neon!!!


Here is the inspiration photo - for this weeks Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge:


It is hard to get it to photograph correctly in the photos - but the part on the left that looks like lighter green? It's actually neon yellow! For this, I started off with a stencil and some clear embossing paste, and masked off the bottom of the panel at an angle. Once I applied the paste and removed the stencil, I quickly sprinkled it heavily with patches of neon glitter - then set it aside to dry for a good long while! Came back later in the day, shook off any excess glitter, and stamped my sentiment on the bottom using a Neat and Tangled sentiment from Sketchy Cupcakes - I thought the font even matched the title of the inspiration photo! I heat embossed it in white, added some fun bright sequins, and then added random dots of white paint to finish it off, before matting with a thin strip of white cardstock on one side, and mounting with foam adhesive on my card base.


Thanks for dropping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. That is a bright, bold, beautiful card!! I bet there is some glitter still on your face somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So bright and fun, love those white paint dots too, what a neat addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gasped when I saw this! Amazing background!! Thank you *so* much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful results. You are such an inspiration. Saw this on SCS and had to come over to read about it,

    ReplyDelete