Friday, August 7, 2026

Leafy Butterfly Card - Tim Holtz August coordinating die release

Hello! There is a new release today from Simon Says Stamp of coordinating dies for previously released Tim Holtz stamp sets. I enjoyed playing with the two fall sets in the release, and this first card I'm sharing today was such a FUN one to put together. I was thrilled with how it turned out!  


To create the butterfly, I used the Leaf Prints 2 set, and chose two leaves that were more symmetrical, one larger and one smaller. I used a blend of Shell and Salmon ink to stamp the larger one, and Salmon and Coral to stamp the smaller one. Once they were stamped, I die cut them with the NEW coordinating dies. I die cut the center of the butterfly using the Confetti Butterflies coordinating die - I really wanted a chunkier one for the center, but that was the best I had on hand. In the end I think it worked okay! I used the Thread Plaid embossing folder with some Concord & 9th cardstock for the background, then layered over a frame die cut with A2 Notched Rectangles and Ivory glitter cardstock. Sentiment is from the Heirloom Roses set, and I die cut a few extra layers to stamp up for dimension. I adhered the butterfly with liquid glue in the center, then foam to pop up the wings. A few Clear Dazzling gems are the perfect finishing touch! Here's a closer look at this fun design:






Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment