Good morning! I'm back with another card featuring a couple sets from the recent Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Release that were designed by my daughter! I've been working my way through them, and having so much fun. There is just something special about designing a card with something your daughter designed - full circle moment to be sure!
The Bright Star layering stencil is super fun! I wanted to use some traditional Christmas colors, but not completely traditional. I love red and aqua together for holiday cards, and yellow just seemed to fit with the stars. I realized as I put it together that they were fairly primary colors, but I think it works for a modern and festive twist! I used Rhubarb, Apple, and Cranberry inks for the red star; Butter, Zest, and Honey for the yellow star; and Seafoam, Surf, and Ocean for the blue star. I used one of the Glad Tidings dies (without the coordinating stamp image) to die cut some gold glitter cardstock stars to pop up in the center of each stenciled star, and added a tiny Black Dazzling gem to the center of each of those. I used a few of the tiny sparkly images from Glad Tidings stamp set to sprinkle around the card, rounded off a couple corners, and blended some Buttercream ink around the edges for a touch of a vintage twist. Sentiment is from the Glad Tidings stamp set, and I added a few Pinkfresh gold glitter drops and a bow of May Arts gold cord to finish this card off! Here are some more photos of the finished project:
Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment