Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Day...and Sympathy

I didn't notice until I was posting these, just how OPPOSITE they were! The first one is all happy, and the second one is sympathy! Guess that is how life is though, the happy mixed with the sad.

So the first one I was just playing with some stamps I had in my stash, and coloring with my Prismacolor pencils. Then I put the yellow frame around it (which is the negative cut of the Groovy card I made the other day!), and added a frame. Before I knew it, I was cutting out a happy sunshine (from Simply Charmed) and adding a Peachy Keen face, and some grass from Zooballoo. I added Glossy Accents to the grass and the rays on the sunshine, added LOTS of faux stitching, a little ribbon from my stash, and LOTS of bling with my Jolee's heat set tool. The grass and the sunshine are also pop-dotted from everything else for texture.


The second one isn't my favorite, but I figured I would share it anyway. Feels like it needs something, but I can't put my finger on what it is! Anyway, I used one of the tag shapes from Once Upon a Princess, and the flower came from Cindy Loo. The side border is a Martha Stewart punch. The frame on the inside is actually the shadow to the frame on the front, but I didn't like it there when it was all finished. So I cut a little off the top and bottom to make it fit better, and put it on the inside. Added some ribbon and a sentiment from my stash (not sure who it is by...) and a bit of doodling to finish it off.




1 comment:

  1. they turned out cute.love the on the second card.really good stiching.love the cheerful colors on the first one.

    ReplyDelete