Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day - with new technique

It seems I have seen people talk about using odorless mineral spirits to blend colored pencils a lot lately, so I finally caved and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to find it at Michael's last week, and to discover it was really inexpensive (especially with a coupon!). So I pulled out a Unity Stamp image, colored it with my Prismacolor Pencils, and just used a Q-tip dipped in the mineral spirits to blend it. Worked like a charm! I couldn't believe how much neater it made the image look! And a lot cheaper than buying Copic markers!

I kept this card pretty simple, and added a sentiment from My Creative Time stamps to finish it - which I must say fit PERFECTLY with that stamped image! Tomorrow I'll show you the card I made for my hubby for Father's Day! I don't want to risk him getting on here and seeing it before then!




2 comments:

  1. Love the stamp! I've recently done the blending of colored pencils too (I just tried it this past week). I was afraid to get the odorless mineral spirits though, so I tried the other suggestion: baby oil! It works very well, and I was rather pleased with it! Makes owning 50 Crayola colored pencils much better than attempting to buy Copics (although I did recently buy the Bic Mark-Its). Anyway, thanks for sharing your card! There's nothing that I don't like about it!

    ReplyDelete