Thursday, September 6, 2012

Getting back in the groove - with a new Peachy Keen Challenge!

Hello, long lost friends! I finally got my craft room unpacked enough to start getting caught up again on Design Team stuff a bit! So it was my turn to provide some inspiration for this weeks Peachy Keen Challenge - and this week it is a color challenge. Here is my card:
And here is the color inspiration - I promise in real life my card matches the colors a bit better. New house, new state, new weather patterns - and that means I need to do some tweaking to perfect the lighting for taking pictures. This was my first attempt, so I'm sure it will get better!


I used some new October Afternoon Woodland Park paper that I bought while my craft stuff was packed, and couldn't wait to use! My crafty skills are a bit rusty, so please excuse me! 
I used this cute image and sentiment set:


She is colored with Copic markers on a circle I cut and embossed with a Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die. Inked the edges of everything with Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen, then added a bit of Baker's Twine to bring the gray color in and a bit of Washi Tape from the OA Woodland park collection as well to pull everything together.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! It's good to be back - and hopefully we will be able to finish settling in quickly so I can actually find all my craft stuff! :-)

Make sure and head over to Peachy Keen to join in on the challenge! I'm looking forward to visiting around and checking our everyone's creations again! See you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cutie. So nice to have you back. Grat job. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather ~ Well isn't she the CUTEST little girl ever! LOVE how you tied in ALL the colors for the color challenge! I just got this CUTIE and can't wait to play around with her!!!! BEATUIFUL done as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally broke down and bought this stamp. I just love this little girl and every time I saw her stamped up, I just loved the project. She looks so happy. Beautiful card - great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love the paper you used on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOO pretty! I LOVE the papers and the washi tape!! LOVE the little image too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the background paper, the flowers are so bright and cheerful. Thanks for the inspiration:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L

    ReplyDelete