Monday, September 17, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge - Wild About You


Good Monday morning! It's Monday morning, which in addition to being the beginning of the work and school week, also means it's time for a new challenge at My Craft Spot! This week the theme is Wild About You - include a wild animal in your project. 

I'm kind of embarrassed right now, because I have been so busy unpacking and settling into our new home, and only unpacked my calendar that had all my Design Team due dates on it on it the middle of last week. So, we are currently back in Washington on a visit, and as it would happen, I just looked at the calendar about 10 minutes before we left for the 2 day, 1,000 mile drive home! So...since my Cricut was still packed, I pulled out some stickers I had in my Stash and literally threw together a 5 minutes card! Then I didn't have time to photograph it until we got to my parents house, and I did it on the porch so I could get enough light for the picture! 
I layered some papers together from my stash, and rounded some of the corners off, then added the sticker on the top layer. Used some crinkle ribbon from My Craft Spot to add a bow along the bottom.
The sentiment came from the brand new Happy Thanksgiving stamp set just released - isn't it perfect with that little monkey? I stamped it on the new Tiny Doily Die that was just released as well. 
I hope you will join us this week and share your creations over at My Craft Spot! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! 

3 comments:

  1. Heather ~ well I have NO clue as to why you are embarrassed because I LOVE your card! you did this in 5 minutes ~ TOTALLY couldn't tell at ALL! CUTE monkey and FAB papers! The monkey goes so PERFECT with the sentiment too! Hope your trip was fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Heather - especially for 5 minutes! I love that monkey sticker! The colored tail is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it sure doesn't look like it's thrown together. It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete