Monday, February 18, 2013

MCS Challenge - Watercolor Flowers

Good morning! It's Monday and I'm excited to be sharing a card with you for this weeks new challenge at My Craft Spot - Flowers!
I totally had fun with this card and playing with a newer to me technique - watercolor! 
I heat embossed, with clear ink, my image from Unity Stamp Co on PTI Rustic Cream cardstock.
Next, I pressed 3 different PTI inkpads on my non-stick mat, then used a damp paintbrush to pink up some ink and color in my image. I kept it kind of messy (partly because it was hard to see the clear lines!) but also to leave it with that water-colored effect...
Once it dried, I stamped my sentiment from this set from My Craft Spot, and used my Tim Holtz distress tool to rough up the edges:


I tucked a doily behind, and used some my Mind's Eye pattern paper, also with the edges distressed for my background.
Finally, I used some White Sheer Ribbon and Natural Jute Twine from My Craft Spot along the bottom, adding a button from Papertrey Ink to finish it off.
That's it for me! Hope you will stop by My Craft Spot and join this weeks challenge!

3 comments:

  1. Elegant & Beautiful!!TFS
    Have a wonderful Monday,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS Heather~! I love the technique you used....so creative and such a beautiful design! I love that stamp set to! Gorgeous!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete