Sunday, September 15, 2013

PS SPARKS - Cool Shades - Celebrate Big Time

Hello! It's time for a new challenge over at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!


This week it is a Cool Shades Challenge:


Here is the color palette - Fresh Fall:


I started off by masking off the square I wanted to use on watercolor paper with washi tape. It works perfectly, because it comes off easily afterwards without ruining the paper. Then I used 3 different colors of MFT ink, pressed them on my nonstick mat, then dipped a waterbrush in and blended together to make the background. I removed the washi tape, very carefully, while it was still wet so it didn't ruin my square shape.


Once that dried, I cut the city skyline using Super 2 Dies out of DCWV Glitter cardstock, and glued it directly on my watercolored square. I added the sentiment from Hullabaloo and Many Thanks to finish it off.


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! Please stop by and see what the rest of the SPARKS team put together:


7 comments:

  1. OHHHLALALA!! I LOVE the Sparkles!! Such a FUN skyline and the colors are PERFECT!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background, perfect for the dark skyline! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather this is STUNNING. Those colors are wonderful and the sparkle you added makes them stand out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOOOOOVE the glittered cityscape! AMAZING background and card! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you've used these colors! You rock! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is FABULOUS Heather, I just looked at the colours and thought hmmmmm but you have proved it can be done brilliantly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am kinda really in love with this. pinning :))

    ReplyDelete