Friday, September 6, 2013

SPS September Hop - Work Theme

Good morning! Today is the first Saturday of the month, so the Shop Pumpkin Spice DT is hopping with the new challenge for this week. If you've just hopped here from Marlene, then you are in the right place, otherwise feel free to hop back to the Shop Pumpkin Spice Blog to start at the beginning. 

The challenge theme for the week is Work...and I since I have the privilege of staying home, this is pretty much what I think of when I think of work! 


Yep! Laundry! Not my favorite household task, but it still beats washing windows (definitely my LEAST favorite household task!) I used a fun Unity Stamp that SPS carries called Loads of Love, stamped it on watercolor paper, heat embossed it with Brown Sugar Zing embossing powder. I colored it with my Tim Holtz distress markers, and used a waterbrush over it to give it a watercolor feel, then stamped my sentiment with some green MFT ink - also coloring and waterbrushing the heart in the center of the "o" - then cut it out with a Lil' Inker's stitched rectangle die.


My pattern papers are from Echo Park's 6x6 For the Record 2 paper pad. I added a bit of woodgrain washi across the top, then a couple different stickers from the For the Record  2 Tailored Alpha Stickers and For the Record 2 Tailored Elements Stickers. Finished off with a bit of Stickles on the watercolored image.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! You're next stop is the SPS Blog - so you're right at the end! Here is the rest of the blog hop line-up in case you get lost along the way:


Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love your card!SOOOOOOOOO VERY CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome, Heather! I love everything about it! ~Hugs, Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute!!! My laundry basket actually looks like that right now :)
    Such fun colors and I love the glitter; makes home chores a bit more glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, this is absolutely adorable. Love the laundry basket BLING!!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cute... Not my favorite job around the house either.

    ReplyDelete