Friday, February 27, 2015

You are Amazing!

Hello! So, last night I had a bit of time and thought I would sit down and play along with a challenge I have been wanting to do for a while - the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge. This month they are teaming up with Lawn Fawn, so I REALLY wanted to join in. So...I sat down and made the first card, remembered to use both Lawn Fawn and Simon Says Exclusive stamps - and realized when I finished that I TOTALLY forgot the other important requirement: Get Crafty with Kraft! I added the jute twine bow, but it still seemed like not quite enough! So...I remade it to work in some more kraft color on a second card. I guess the bonus is that I end up with two cards, right? 

Anyway - here is the first card:


I used the bunnies from the Lawn Fawn set called Snow Day, and the sweet little heart - and the sentiment from Simon Says Inside and Out Sayings for both cards, but colored them up in gray and used torn gray cardstock under the edge on the first one. The scallops were cut with a Mama Elephant die, and the pattern paper is from American Crafts.


And...here is the one officially for this challenge! :)

Flickr Co-Challenge by bdengler4 (Barb Summers Engler)

On this one, I colored the bunnies up with "kraft" colors, and used torn kraft cardstock behind the front panel. Used the larger heart (just to change things up a little!) and a slightly different pattern paper.


I also used my BRAND NEW MISTI on this - which was wonderful, because it allowed me to stamp the heart two times to get as rich and deep and dark a color as I wanted, and to be sure it would be in the exact same place. 


Thanks for dropping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love both of your sweet cards! Those bunnies are adorable! So glad to hear that the MISTI is working well for you - it's so high on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! They are just Precious!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft pink, soooooo cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love bunnies!
    So cute and the scallops
    are sweet.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love bunnies!
    So cute and the scallops
    are sweet.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete