Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Winnie and Walter February Release Day 2

Good morning - and welcome to Day 2 of sneak peeks for Winnie and Walter's 2nd Birthday release! I have two more fun cards to share with the new release today - first up, this card that reminds me of stained glass! I used the new True Multifaceted Border Cutaways - this set is crazy fun and versatile! I love that it cuts a perfect solid or faceted strip - the perfect width to fit an A2 card either vertically or horizontally. I was even more excited when I discovered that it ALSO perfectly fills a card top to bottom when you cut it 7 times in the narrow width! 


I cut it in a sort of ombre color pattern - lightest to darkest at least - and then cut it in black and attached those together. I attached them to a card front, flipping every other one so that the pattern had a bit more interest and didn't exactly repeat. Finished off by adding a simple gold sentiment with the In a Word: Hello Cutaways.


Next up - a little more playing with watercolors - only for this one I pulled out my Peerless watercolors - hadn't used those in ages, and kind of enjoyed playing with them for this card!


This card uses a SUPER fun new background set - and it's kinda unique too! It has these birch trees, and a woodgrain pattern - what is fun about them, is they each come with a positive and negative stamp. So you can stamp the birch trees like I did here in white, or you could stamp the reverse with color on white cardstock, and end up with the opposite effect! Or even use them together! I heat embossed the trees on watercolor paper, added a background of watercolors, then stamped my sentiment and that heart from an older set called Parentville Extras.


That's it for me today! Make sure and head over to the Winnie and Walter blog to see some of the other projects, as well as links to the rest of the Design Team - AND, find out how to win some of these fun new goodies!

Once again - here are the supplies linked for these two cards - except for the new stuff that will be releasing later this week. I'll link those above when they go live in the store! In the meantime - thanks for stopping by - see you tomorrow for more sneaks! Have a great day!



6 comments:

  1. Heather, your first card DOES look like stained glass. Very pretty card.I love how the 2nd one looks with the water colour, it is just beautiful. Great release, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, your first card DOES look like stained glass. Very pretty card.I love how the 2nd one looks with the water colour, it is just beautiful. Great release, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and
    I love the water
    colored one with
    the trees!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, love the stained glass ombré look and the pretty watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards using the new products, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek!! You know I love your faceted border card, but holy cow, your watercolored birch background with the missing you over the heart is STUNNING in its simplicity. Love, love, love that one!! Great design.

    ReplyDelete