Friday, January 25, 2013

Color Splash...literally!

Hello! I'm just stopping by real quickly with a card for a couple of different challenges. I'll get to those in a second, first though, here is what I made:


I am also linking this up to the Golden Oldie Challenge over at A Blog Named Hero - and since the stamp I used is one of the first Hero Arts stamps I ever purchased, I decided that worked, right?


I started off with some white paper and used some Mister Huey's Color mist on it. After that dried, I stamped that silhouette over the top with black Versafine ink.
I matted that piece with some green Cosmo Cricket paper from an older 6x6 paper pad. The background is a large wood mounted stamp from Unity Stamp Company called Worn Music. I grabbed the sentiment from another Unity Stamp Company set called Party All Day.  
After stamping the background and sentiment, I attached the center panel, then matted the entire thing in more of the green paper.  
Wrapped some jute twine around it, added an October Afternoon button, and attached to a mat of black paper with foam adhesive, before attaching to a white card base.
This is the first time I have had this much fun with this type of color combo! Thanks for stopping by again!


18 comments:

  1. Very Artsy!!! Love the layout, colourcombo, but most of all the way you assembled the card, the spots and everything.
    Great ARTwork!!!! (and so different from the usual stuff you get to see on the internet,which is also okay, but this is so unique!)
    Great inspiration for everyone!!

    Bye and a Big Dutch Hug from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY like this card! The silhouette image, the splatters of green color and the sheet music all combine for one fabulous creation! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, love all of the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Who wouldn't love to receive this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I love how you did the background:) So fun and I will have to give that a try! Love the effect! The kids silhouette is adorable! great job!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so neat and fun. Love the green and b&W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!Elegant & BEAUTIFUL!!!LOVE!LOVE!LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an absolutely beautiful card! I love every detail, the embossing, the stamping, just everything! Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love everything about this card! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this card. It is very much 'my' style...I love the splatter, the music background, the colour scheme!!! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about this card is BEYOND fabulous!!! Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! I am in love with the colors you chose and cannot say enough good things about all the little details. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. O, my! Your card is sooo beautiful. Just love the color combo and your bg is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! I love your ink splatters - there is most definitely a technique to this - I can never get mine to look so delicious! This is a wonderful addition to this week's Play Date Cafe Gallery - so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is perfection! I love the splashy vivid green and the silhouette stamp is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete