Good morning! I had a rare window of time the other day when I didn't have any urgently pressing DT assignments, and with hubby out of town I also had a bit more time than usual. I had this idea that popped into my head this past weekend that I knew the Vintage Roses set from Altenew would be perfect for, so I set out to create it - and it WORKED just like I hoped! LOVE when that happens!
I basically stamped the base layer of the roses in a random pattern on my white cardstock using my MISTI to get a great clean impression. Then, I skipped the next layer or two to each flower, and went right to the final layer and stamped in black for lots of contrast. I stamped various layers of leaves in black around the roses - using only one layer per leaf, then grabbed one of the tiny leaf layers and stamped it in softer pinks for a bit of texture and to fill in the holes. To add more depth to the flowers, I did some simple doodling on them with a white colored pencil. Distressed the edges of that panel, then mounted it on a scallop frame cut with a Mama Elephant die.
Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!