Monday, April 28, 2014

MCS Challenge - Purple Watercolor

{If you are looking for my Growing in Unity Day 1 Post, click HERE or scroll down to the last post!}

Good morning! Time for a new challenge at My Craft Spot, and I think this is such a fun challenge! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with - the challenge is to use black, white, and one more color of your choice. I decided to use purple, and do a little watercoloring:


I started off with some watercolor paper, and added a wash of purple. I helped that dry quickly (forget being patient!) with my heat gun - which also helps the paper flatten out a little if you time it right. Then I stamped my sentiment using Big Sentiments, and Big Sentiments 2 stamp sets.


Next, I used some Heidi Swapp Color Shine to flick a few drops of black on the there, and added some Perfectly Purple Sequins. Wrapped some Black Jute string around it, then embossed some black cardstock with my Cuttlebug, mounted that on my card base, and added my front panel with foam adhesive.


Also linking this up with a couple challenges:

First up - Iron Craft Challenge Week - Difficult Colors (I purposely picked purple, because I realized that is a color I don't use very often - not sure why, but I figured I would go ahead and tackle it!):




And finally - the Moxie Fab World Hip on Handwriting Challenge - since I used a handwritten font stamp.

Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you will join our fun challenge - can't wait to see what you make!!!

7 comments:

  1. Your watercolors look amazing, Heather! I am so impressed by your beautiful card! I love the black splatters you added with the sequins! Wow! I may have to give this technique a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Heather. It is always a pleasure visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO jealous of your amazing watercolor skills! What ink/paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love purple and your card. I must try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Heather! Bravo on choosing purple and running with it!!

    ReplyDelete