Friday, April 11, 2014

Red Scooter - Unity FWF

Good morning! Popping in with a nice and bright card for Unity Friends with Flair today - as well as Virginia's View Challenge #2 - Stencil, and the Styling with Stencils Challenge in the Moxie Fab World:


I came across this image on Pinterest, which is where I got my color inspiration - it was just so bright and fun!


I used one of the adorable new itty bitty stamps I got last weekend (during one of Unity's always amazing sales) called Take off Together. I heat embossed the image and sentiment with Zing embossing powder on vellum, added a strip of washi, backed it with white cardstock, then matted it with a scrap of green pattern paper from my stash.


My background I created with a stencil and embossing paste, but on black cardstock - LOVE the striking look it gave! I added a tiny clothespin with some jute twine and some enamel dots to finish it off.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Friday and weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Very striking with this background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I lovelove the chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card & I really like the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this happy card. Great patterns and colors from the inspiration photo made it's way into your design perfectly, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. heather this is a fabulous card! the colors are awesome, love your inspiration!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool looking card, there is so much movement to it, it's stringy and at the same time not. Love the textures! Great job! I found you on Unity's Friends with Flair.
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabulous stenciled chevron background! It provides such a funky and dramatic result to the entire design! Thanks so much for joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! PS: my belated congrats on your winning of Stamping Royalty! Way to go, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! The black with the pops of color is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this- those colours are amazing. Love the scooter too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking color combo and design, Heather! Love the embossing paste and stencil on black.

    ReplyDelete