Monday, August 24, 2026

Ray of Light - Simon Says Stamp

Good morning! Today I've got a bold floral card using some lovely supplies from Simon Says Stamp - and a surprising way that I ended up using some leftover supplies for this card! They were accidentally a perfect match - love when that happens! 


This card actually started off with the Dot Petal Pattern stencil - it had been sitting in my stash since it's release, and I hadn't had a chance to put it to use. I pulled out some Gina K Kelly Green cardstock, and used Rainbow Splash Grass and Emerald inks to do a tone on tone effect, blending Grass over the entire panel, and Emerald around just the outer corners. I added some white splatter to two corners for some extra texture and interest. I found that glittery arch in my stash that was cut from Pinkfresh Glacier glitter paper using the Stitched Arches die previously. It was a larger size than I wanted for this card to avoid covering up too much of the stenciling, so I grabbed a smaller one and cut it down slightly (saving the frame I made to use on another card, of course!). As I dug through my pile of leftovers, I found those sunflowers that I had stamped out from the Sunflower Meadow set - and look how PERFECTLY those colors matched! It's like they were made to go together! They had been stamped with Butter, Zest, Honey, Allspice, and Lucky inks. I layered those on the arch with varying amounts of foam adhesive squares for plenty of fun dimension. Finished off with a sentiment from EZ Strips Glow On reverse sentiment strips, hand trimmed into a thin banner shape. Here are more photos of the finished card:






Product links are all below - including affiliate links where possible, which simply means if you use one of the links below that I receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment