Friday, June 1, 2012

Friends with Flair Friday - Couture!


Good morning! I can't believe it's Friday already...just where exactly did this week go anyway?!?!? But, the good news is - it's time for Unity Friends with Flair! Here is what I made this week to join in:
Someone one a post a couple of days ago asked me which paper I was using for Copics - the new paper I got is the Copic Express blending cardstock. Seriously - I'm still a total amateur when it comes to Copics - but this helped me out SOOOO much! I have seen it several places online, but I got mine from Ribbon Carousel. You can find it HERE if you're interested.
I used an image from my newest Unity May KOTM. Isn't it fun? After coloring, I cut it out and distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distress tool, and added some distress ink as well. Also did this to the main cardstock layer. 
I used paper from My Mind's Eye for the card base, and added some lace from Ribbon Carousel and ribbon that I have had in my stash for forever. I wanted to use a doily, but it was just too white, so I sprayed it with some October Afternoon Sprinklers to tone it down, then stamped the sentiment from the same KOTM that the image came from.  
Finished off by pop-dotting the colored image to the card base. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!



18 comments:

  1. Heather, this is Gorgeous!! Love that dress form and your colouring. The misting on the doily is just perfect. Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just Gorgeous card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beginning to think there is no bad way to color this stamp! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful! I love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Love the coloring you did on the dress form, and the doily looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! You look like a pro with those Copics to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh La La! Beautiful card! Your coloring is fabulous! I have to try that paper...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful! I love all of your shabby touches. Great misting on that pretty doily, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sucj a lovely card.... All your touches are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shabby feel to this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very romantic look. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Love the doily used for the background.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sosa beautiful! Love the doily and lace! :)

    ReplyDelete