Monday, December 20, 2010

Guest Designer for Peachy Keen!!!

I'm so excited!!! The secret is out - and I can share the news! Several weeks ago, one of my FAVORITE companies in the world - Peachy Keen Stamps - put out a call for guest designers. I really didn't think I stood a chance, but figured it was worth a try! Much too my surprise, I was selected to join on as a guest designer for 2011!!! I am very honored - and excited to join all the other wonderful talent out there! The full list is HERE - so feel free to go check out all the other lucky guest designers!!! 

So...for anyone who might be looking at my blog for the first time, here is a LINK to my very first post that explains why I set this blog up, and what I make all of my cards. In short, it became a project to build houses for widows and orphans in Burundi - and what a journey it has been! I have been so blessed to see how something that started out so small has continued to grow and help others!

And since I just finished this project for a color challenge on My Pink Stampers blog, and it just so happens to use a Peachy Keen stamp...I thought I would share this tonight as well! The challenge was to use brown, blue, and green (and I had to use a "little" yellow!). I used the Smiley Cards cartridge, added a face from Peachy Keen's Princess Face Assortment. The candle flames got a dose of Stickles, and the frosting was covered with Glossy Accents. The sentiment is from a Pink by Design stamp set that I just got, and some buttons, string, and doodling finished it all off.




7 comments:

  1. This is a super duper cute card!!! Congratulations on making the design team!!! You must be just beaming! Wonderful card! I look forward to seeing your future creations for peachy keen! TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stinkin cute!! Congrats you deserve it. TFS
    hugs,jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on making the design team! Your cards are really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!very cute card.love the buttons on the sides

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't wait to see more of your Peachy designs!

    ~Saundra
    2011 PKS Guest Designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is SO cute! And congratulations on being a guest designer. I get to be one too! Isn't it exciting?!!! I'm going to take a look around your blog :).

    ReplyDelete