Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sailing By Hello

Hello! We have been spending most of the weekend painting - and I was so excited to finally get my office put back together today! It was a mess! I was itching for a few minutes to craft as well - so in between moving and re-setting stuff up, I managed to sneak in a few moments to put this together:


I saw a fun challenge over at Butterfly Reflections, Ink - to make a project incorporating your favorite season. I have to admit, I love ALL seasons - and I really am starting to get excited for fall, although I still feel a little mentally stuck in summer. Since I had the goodies from my very first Butterfly Reflections order in hand just waiting to get played with (ENABLER ALERT: Vanessa is running a sale - 20% off through tomorrow for the holiday weekend!) - I decided to make a summer project! (I wasn't sure if I was supposed to follow the colors - but I was inspired by the ocean photo in the center, so hopefully this is okay!)


 I started off by cutting a window in some white cardstock with my Lil' Inker's stitched oval die, then adding some "waves" with my brand new Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders 1 Dies. I added some pattern paper from the Ahoy There 6x6 paper pad by Echo Park. I stamped the darling sailboat from Lawn Fawn's Float My Boat stamp set on vellum, heat embossed in white, and fussy cut it out, then attached it between the waves. Die cut Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hello from white cardstock and added it, covering it with Glossy Accents to help it stand out a bit. Attached the front panel with foam adhesive, then added some distress ink around the edges to soften them a bit, before adding white stitch lines with a gel pen - they are hard to see in the photo, but kind of fun in real life!


Also linking this up with this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes:


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great evening!!!

6 comments:

  1. This is really cute and
    I love the cutouts and
    waves!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try heat embossing on vellum. Chicken!
    Love this card. The colors are soft and so pretty.
    thanks for sharing such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heather!! Your card is super amazing. I totally love this card. You did a fantastic job. I love the pattern paper, the oval and your sail boat. I might have to CASE your card. If you don't mind. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather - your card is simply beautiful - I love everything about it!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card! The window, the waves and the embossed sailboat on vellum are awesome. Thanks for playing along in the challenge!!! Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us over at Butterfly Reflections Ink!

    ReplyDelete