Monday, August 4, 2014

Splitcoast Stampers Dare to Get Dirty - Smooth Sailing

Good morning! I am super tickled on my last month as a member of the Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Dozen to be joining in a super fun week of challenges, known as Dare to Get Dirty! This is my sample card for Tenia's Challenge. Curious to know what that challenge is? If you are a Fan Club member, you can pop over there now and see it, and if not - you can read all about how to join HERE!


Was super excited to use a brand new stamp set from Neat and Tangled that I fell in love with the minute I saw it - called Sailmates. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever made a triangle shaped card! I used some Basic Grey pattern paper for the background, fussy cut the sail boat after coloring with Copic markers, then made some waves along the bottom with vellum and my Lil' Inker's Stitched Scallop Border Die and attached with machine stitching on the bottom. Stamped the sentiment, attached the boat with foam adhesive tucked in the "waves" and added some jute twine in a bow on the top to finish off! 


I thought this would be a super fun card to link up with the current Virginia's View Challenge - Shape Cards:


I'm also linking this up with the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes:


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you will join us - and Dare to Get Dirty!!!

9 comments:

  1. This is so creative and fun, Heather! I knew you have something amazing to share when I saw the Triangle shape!! I love the waves and use of BG paper for the background! That added twine on top is just the nicest touch!So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! AND, So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Shape Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this card is so fun!
    Love the velum waves
    on it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. A clever idea - a triangular card. It really looks nice with the boat.
    thanks for the idea. We get stuck in a rut of "square" cards and don't think out-of-the-box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! Love how you created the water!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab shaped card and so perfect for the little boat.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is amazing! I've never seen a triangular card! It fits so well with a nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously awesome card! I love the water, the shape well, everything! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great triangle card with your cute nautical images!

    ReplyDelete