Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stenciled Watercolor Hello

Good morning! The other day I took a few minutes to play - and here is one of the results:


I was inspired by this fun image posted over in the Moxie Fab World, with a Fabulous Friday Challenge to create something for it:


I used some embossing paste and a stencil from my stash to apply the paste in a random circle on some watercolor paper - nothing too precise, just slapped it on there! Once that dried, I added some watercolors over the top - love the way it soaked in and absorbed differently on the paste than on the paper! Added a double layer die cut sentiment from Avery Elle, and the coordinating sentiment stamped and heat embossed on a strip of vellum then attached with tiny staples on the sides.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!!

11 comments:

  1. Love all of the colors. Very bright and fun. I have to start doing things with the embossing paste. Makes great designs. When I first saw the card I wondered how you had gotten the embossed design on only part of the card. After reading the text I thought - how much easier than embossing. thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is pretty!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic colors and texture! Really cool concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely presentation of the winniewalter

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so vibrant and sensational, Heather! Great job on the challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy! This is beautiful, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY COOL inspiration and TOTALLY AWESOME card - LOVE IT!!!
    Texture paste & watercolors are high on my techniques-to-try list => THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete