Saturday, August 2, 2014

Splitcoast Stampers Dare to Get Dirty - My Challenge!

Good morning! I am super tickled on my last month as a member of the Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Dozen to be joining in a super fun week of challenges, known as Dare to Get Dirty! I am also hosting a challenge - and this is my card sample for my challenge. Curious to know what my challenge is? If you are a Fan Club member, you can pop over there now and see it, and if not - you can read all about how to join HERE!


I made my card by using Paper Smooches Quote Tag Die to cut a vellum tag then stamping and heat embossing that pretty floral image from the Unity July 2014 Kit of the Month. I used my paper cutter to mat and trim pattern paper a little larger and layer them together, then rounded one corner on the bottom. I cut the "hello" word using the same die set from Paper Smooches from glitter cardstock and attached that below. Machine stitched the layers together, then stitched on a row of sequins and added bow of gold thread over the top of it. Finished off with some more MME pattern paper, some glitter washi tape, and a light mist of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.


I'm also linking this up with the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes:



Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you will join us - and Dare to Get Dirty!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the gold embossing. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I haven't had the nerve to try to heat emboss vellum yet. I'm still a little timid - one of these I'll jump in and do it. Thanks for sharing a glittery card.

    ReplyDelete