Monday, August 24, 2015

The Heart's Memory

Good morning - stopping by to share a card this morning that I made a last week. This sentiment is so meaningful to me as well right now. Last year in September we lost my father-in-law very suddenly and unexpectedly. Yesterday would have been his and my mom-in-law's 40th wedding anniversary. Was talking with my husband last night how it seems that there is some small daily reminder of his dad  even still now - almost a year later. Not a day goes by that we don't both think of him in some way or form. It isn't all sadness, although there is certainly a great deal of that. But he made such a huge impact on all of our lives - and we have so much to be grateful for...as this card says:


I plan on trying to do a video for this technique sometime soon. I used a background from the August Kit of the Month from Unity Stamps on watercolor paper, then used what I will call a "reverse smooshing technique" - basically smudging some MFT dye ink on some acetate, then wetting the paper instead of the acetate, then smooshing it over. I let it dry between each color, and then misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in gold. Added some gold thread, a few gold Pretty Pink Posh sequins, matted in some coordinating cardstock, and on a card base which I used Lil' Inker's Cover Up Die: Stitched Woodgrain


Also linking this up with the current CAS-ual Friday's Challenge - Pretty Patterns:


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Sorry to hear about your loss...I loss my dad a little over two years ago and can completely understand the feelings...hugs
    And thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background looks amazing, what a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete