Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Avocado Arts - This & That

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning to share some projects with the new stamp set for August - appropriately named This & That - check out the fun little mix of images and sentiments on this set!


I started off with that cute tricycle image - colored it in black and white - I love how it almost looks like a page from a newspaper or comic book!


I also inked the stamp once, but stamped it off 3 times to add the feeling of movement. Added Crate Paper pattern paper, a bit of distress inking on the edges and a black drawn outline - and finished with a bit of jute twine!


Next up - I played with those musical notes and a bit of ink smooshing:


I stamped the musical notes 3 times, with the sentiment set in the middle on watercolor paper. Next, I laid a piece of acetate over the top, swiped 3 different colors of dye ink across, misted with water, then turned over and "smooshed" over the inked images. Easy peasy! Added some Lawn Fawn pattern paper and some washi tape to finish it off!


Finally - those flamingos! Flamingos have been a fun trend as of late, so I had to play with them a bit!


I masked off the bottom portion, and just stamped the flamingos in varying levels on some white cardstock that I had torn the edges on. Stamped the sentiment in pink, added some ink splatters, then layered over some Basic Grey pattern paper with a bit of washi tucked underneath, and a bow of jute twine to finish it off.


Thanks so much for dropping by today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I really love the off stamping with the hot wheels! Such a cute idea! Need this stamp for my lil' guy!

    ReplyDelete