Monday, September 21, 2015

Oh So Merry and Bright

Good morning! I'm posting on the Unity blog this morning to share a card I made with the current Kit of the Month - if you are beginning to think of holiday cards, this is a perfect kit to start out with if you are on the fence about giving it a try! You can read all the details HERE - this is my very favorite kit option, and what got me started and hooked on Unity!

My card today is featuring a fun technique I have played around with recently - using Copic markers to achieve a Sepia tone effect, like old fashioned pictures! I love printing pics of my family off in that tone and using them in my scrapbooks, so I thought it would be fun to do it with an image on a card as well! I have a Quick Tip video below sharing how I did it if you're interested. 


I had to speed it up quite a bit, so sorry in advance for that! But it really took me under 5 minutes total in coloring, so super quick and easy way to color a large image!


Here is a look at that Kit I used - just beautiful! I can't wait to use each and every image on there - LOVE them all!


I added some Basic Grey pattern paper and a bit of machine stitching and distressing on the edges to soften it all up. Love the rustic feel that gives!


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments: