Saturday, April 6, 2013

SPS - Monthly Hop and New Challenge

Yep! It is the first Saturday of the month - which means it is time for the monthly hop at Shop Pumpkin Spice, and the new weekly challenge! You should have arrived here from Tanya - if you are just stopping by, make sure and hop on over to Shop Pumpkin Spice to start at the beginning and see all of the fun creations! I also am posting the entire hop line-up at the bottom of this post in case you get lost along the way!

The challenge this time around is "Eggs" - however you want to interpret it! Here is what I came up with:
I used my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition Software to create a shadow for the egg silhouette, then cut it out with my Silhouette Cameo
Next I used these clear Thanks Stamps from American Crafts to heat emboss in white the sentiment and swirls directly on the egg:


I rounded a couple corners, and for the most part kept this a pretty flat, one layer, and mail-able card! 
All my pattern paper is from this Crate Paper "Random" 6x6 paper pad - still some of my favorite pattern papers:



Finished off with a couple of black sequins that I just picked up recently - been loving seeing them everywhere lately and had to join in the fun!!!
Thanks again for stopping by today! Next stop on the hop is Cheryl - I know she will have something fabulous for you!

Here is the entire line-up in case you get lost along the way:

Heather: www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com (You are Here!)
Cheryl (Shestamps): http://shestamps.blogspot.com/


12 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the design and these papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation ... love the silhouette and design!
    Darlene
    DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO super pretty Heather!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Heather! I love that the embossing! Great job!, Hugs, Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card Heather, love the silhouette cut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely card...as always my dear. i just wish i have half of your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Heather, I love that image!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing card! The image is fabulous as well as the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Wonderful stamping and pps!
    JenE, ScrappyJenE@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, this card is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete