Monday, October 5, 2015

CardMaker Magazine and Lil' Inker Designs Fall Hop

Good morning! Fun surprise post - the Lil' Inker's Design Team has collaborated with a fun fall theme hop with Cardmaker Magazine today! If you've wondered about the story behind how Lil' Inker's began, make sure and check out Laura's post to read more - and make sure and leave comments at every stop along the hop - there is a $35 gift certificate up for grabs, just in time for the new release going live in just a couple days (can't WAIT to start sharing all THOSE projects with you either!!!)

Anyway - here is the card I made for today: 


I used the recently re-released and improved Acorn Dies and coordinating stamp set, as well as another recently released die that I love:




I die cut my background, then used some MFT dye ink to do a smooshing technique for my background. I die cut the acorn, and stamped my face on it (totally cracks me up!). The sentiment was heat embossed on a black banner in white, then some Glossy Accents to finish off the eyes and "hat" on the acorn, and a bit of white gel pen for some fun accents. Finished off with a bit of white Mister Huey's Mist, and a few clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.


As I mentioned before - there is a fabulous prize up for grabs today:


Here is the full blog hop line-up:

Heather Hoffman - You are here


Thanks for dropping by today! Have fun along the hop - and a great week!!!


43 comments:

  1. These acorns are adorable. Love the his glossy accent top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGEE this is adorable!!! TFS and inspiring! hugs Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, this is 10000% delightful! I love seeing our new Acorns and Nuts About You Stamps in action. It pairs fabulously with the Cover Up: Woodgrain!! WOW!!! Loving this!! Thank you so much for participating in today's hop and for showcasing our products so awesomely!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels like fall when I look at this! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the misting you did on this and your card is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! Love how you used the Glossy Accents to make the little acorn pop! Thanks for being a part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little acorn is irresistible! Such a cute card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute little acorn, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous! I love that glossy cap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing so many fall cards on this blog-hop. Will add the acorn die to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "smooshing" makes a stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vwry sweet sttitched acorn. I love what you make with background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the acorn! Your card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute card. I can think of lots of uses for this saying:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your little Acorn-Guy is just so cute. Great background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card. Love the face on the acorn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute and funny card! Our last name means nut tree in German, so this would be a great card to send to family for fun and to keep in touch! Thanks for the opportunity to win a gift certificate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this fun little card...I know a few nuts also!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing your cute card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  20. FUN & FABULOUS card Heather!!!
    Your acorn & sentiment is SO CUTE, LOVE your GORGEOUS inky & stitched background!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The nutty card is so stinking cute...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card! Thanks for sharing. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  23. That little acorn is the sweetest! Love the colors and the design!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful I love the fall coloring. The acorn is very cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahaha! Too cute! Love that acorn and fab background!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! What a great background. I never would have been bold enough to add the paint but I love it. Hat's off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Heather,
    How fun! Your lil' nut looks quite jaunty! Thank you for sharing.😻

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh Heather... your card is just way too adorable! The stitched woodgrain background is amazing, love that acorn and the watercolor is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the watercolor behind the acorn.
    todoay is my son's birthday - I'm making him a card with an acorn on it.
    Like minds......
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oooh! Love the shine on the acorn cap!

    ReplyDelete