Monday, October 5, 2015

Runway Inspired - Watercolor Ombre

Hello! Back again today with a card for the brand new Runway Inspired challenge! I had fun with this card that I made:


Here is our new challenge info - that dress looked like watercolors and ombre all wrapped into one, so I went that direction for my card:



I started off by using my Gansai Tambai watercolors to create the ombre background. For the flowers, I used Altenew's Lacy Scrolls stamp set, and did a special technique. I first inked the flowers with Versamark ink, then before stamping, I used two different shades of MFT dye ink to create the ombre effect. I stamped, then embossed with clear powder. Once they cooled, I fussy cut each one out. Added a sentiment from Birthday Greetings heat embossed on black cardstock.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll join us and play along - can't wait to see what you make!

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card ..with great colors! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. Love seeing different colored flowers in one card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card!!!
    The embossed flowers look so lovely against the watercolour background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and the colors. I do a lot of shopping online at joann.com and at the Michael's store, which is my favorite store. Tomorrow is my birthday and I would love to get this card. Pat Hauge beadmagnet@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous watercolour creation, you captured those colours just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW... such a gorgeous card, Hearther! Love your crativity creating those watercolor flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shading is fantastic.
    Love this card.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that amazing embossed, ombre look on the flowers! Definitely going to have to try that...

    ReplyDelete