Friday, October 30, 2015

Peace and Strength

Good morning - I'm stopping by to share one of the harder types of cards to make. Recently my cousin lost her husband. While we don't see each other that often, and they lived in California, it was still sad news to hear, and always hard to lose family. I had several DT projects that I needed to work on, but had a hard time getting the creative juices flowing, but as I sat at my desk trying to make something, this card is what happened - and was mailed to my cousin. 


This was my first time using the newest colors of MFT dye inks - and the ink pads have been re-designed. I LOVE them! They stamped so beautifully and crisp - as you can see on this card!


Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share this card with you. Hopefully it can inspired you if you find yourself in the difficult place of needing to make a sympathy card for a loved one. 



10 comments:

  1. Yes, these are the hardest to make.. :( So sorry that it was required. Where did you find the doily? I love how lacy it is and have hard time finding good ones. Thanks, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time finding good ones too - but found these on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1023943191

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I too would like to know where you bought the doily. It's so pretty. You can leave it here in the comments and I can check back if you'd like.
    Thanks for sharing your card. I'm lovin how you add a bow with the paper clip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it came from Etsy, you can find it here: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1023943191

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, Heather. I'm sure it will comfort your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful sympathy card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful sympathy card. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful and sweet card for your cousin, Heather. Encouraging sentiment.

    ReplyDelete