Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Stamped Wood Slice Coasters - with Quick Tip Video

Good afternoon! I'm also posting over at the Unity Stamp Company blog - and I'm super excited to share my project with you today - I have been working on it (and perfecting it!) for a couple weeks. For a long time I have been wanting a set of coasters for my house, and having trouble finding exactly what I wanted. I'm happy now to have been able to make exactly what I was looking for!


I saw this on Pinterest - and somehow it kind of inspired me: - I love rustic stuff, so I kind of went with that!

I even made a Quick Tip video to share my process with you! Here you go:


I ended up getting 8 coasters, that was as much as my hubby could safely cut - and I told him to PLEASE not hurt himself! Now, as a side note, I purchased one larger log at Michael's, but they also had individual slices. The cost just would have added up to a lot higher - but if you don't have the capability of getting them cut, that is another great option. I also found lots of good options on Etsy - just make sure and double check the sizes. I kept thinking I saw a good set, then realized they were only 1-2 inches across...a bit small for coasters!


Here is a peek at the back - the felt works great to hold them in place and keep from scratching your surfaces.


I used the September 2015 Kit of the Month for my stamped image:


One last look - now I'm off to make a cup of tea so I can put these to good use! :)


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

17 comments:

  1. They are perfect!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... they are gorgeous and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! They'll make great Christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I think I'll ask my hubby to cut me some too!
    Carmen L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these are so unique and so beautiful! That image is perfection on those wooden coasters

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I never thought of using the stamps for something like this. What a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These are absolutely beautiful! What an awesome gift idea. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool idea. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cool and would make such a beautiful gift! Will have to check out your video ... (my hubby was a trim carpenter & has all the right tools to help me if I decide to make some). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great project!! Love this! Very inspiring, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome coasters, thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very beautiful and it's great for gifts!! Thanks for sharing the video

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! Great for this time of year and perfect for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such an awesome idea! They would be great for gift giving as well.

    ReplyDelete