Friday, April 11, 2014

Vellum and Veneer Congrats

Good morning! I'm sharing a card this morning over at My Craft Spot using some of the fun metal dies available. I love using metal dies on lots of different materials - like the wood veneer and vellum on this card:


For this card, I started off with some Avery Elle white woodgrain cardstock, misted with Seafoam and Gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine, then added some splashes of Coral as well. 


Once that dried, I added some gold thread in a bundle, then cut one of the new Tiny Doilies 2 Metal Dies out of vellum and adhered that. Finished off by cutting one of the Big Words Metal Dies out of Wood Veneer and adhering that over the top.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. this really caught my eye. Especially the way you did your background. Lovely creation. and well done., haven't tried the Heidi Swapp Color Shine, on my list......have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I came over to your blog to see more views of your card. I didn't realize that it was embossed and couldn't really see the shine you added. Very cool and worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete