Monday, May 12, 2014

Avocado Arts May Cards

Good morning! I'm up on the Avocado Arts blog this morning with a few cards using the new stamp set for May - full of fabulous Father's Day sentiments and images. I usually struggle with guy cards, and this stamp set made it so easy that I made 4 cards instead of 3 to share today!


First up, I used the You Are My Hero sentiment to stamp a background on my card base. I stamped it one more time in the same color on a white die cut circle, adhered to my card, and added a few ink splatters with some Mister Huey's.


For my next card, I stamped the No one Measures up to You sentiment in a soft gray ink, and then in a deep red to get a shadow effect, then added the word Dad above that. Trimmed at an angle and matted in black on my pattern paper.


Next up, I decided to play around with watercolor for a guy card! I created a super simple wash of color on my watercolor panel, dried with my heat gun, then stamped my sentiment - adding some Glossy Accents to the golf ball to help it "pop" a little bit.


I used the same sentiment for my last card, but added a panel of torn paper, and some black jute twine on the bottom.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!!!

2 comments:

  1. You always seem to make things seem so easy Heather! Your cards are all just fabulous! I love the sentiments in this stamp set..thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are just beautiful I especially like the watercolor one.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete