Sunday, January 10, 2016

This Age Alligator

Good morning! Last week, I had a request for several guy birthday cards - and I know many crafters share my sentiments when I say that typically guy cards are the hardest ones! I was very pleased however, that I was able to sit down and make not one, not two, but FIVE guy cards - and all in about an hour and a half - unbelievable! I think doing them so quickly helped me keep embellishments to a minimum, which is part of why I struggle with guy cards! Anyway - here is the first of those five cards:


I also played along with the current Paper Smooches monthly challenge for this one - 4 Colors (I counted my neutrals as part of my colors, so a total of only four):


I grabbed some random pattern paper from my scrap bin - so I have no idea what paper pads or manufacturers these are from. I stamped the alligator on Copic coloring cardstock, and on my front marbled pattern paper (hard to see in the photo, but it actually has a bit of a pattern). I colored the area under the alligator, then colored him, fussy cut him out, and paper pieced him on. Stamped the sentiment underneath, layered some foam between layers for dimension, and finished off with some Glossy Accents on the eyes and tooth.


Here is a link to most of the supplies for this card - thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!



11 comments:

  1. Love this--can't wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I struggle with male cards also! This alligator is adorable and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed the guy card, this is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this cute Masculine creation, waiting to see others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That PS gator is so cute and I love how you grounded him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, thanks for the inspiration! I do struggle with guy birthday cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card! I really like your coloring and that background paper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you layered this vertically only. The woodgrain works so well with the cute alligator!

    ReplyDelete