Thursday, March 17, 2016

Big Birthday Wishes to YOU

Good morning! Sharing a quick card this morning that I made with some Simon Says Stamp dies and stamps - I made this for my nephew's 16th birthday (wow...he was born just about 2 weeks before I got married - I still remember him that tiny, and it kind of makes me feel old to realize he just turned 16!) - I also thought since it is St Patrick's Day today, a card with a bit of green would be fun to share! :)


I did some negative die cutting, embossed a sentiment in vellum to place over the large die cut "YOU", added a bit of jute twine - tied in a knot instead of a bow to make it more masculine - and a bit of foam between the layers for dimension. Hopefully a decent card for a 16 year old boy!


Thanks for stopping by - here are links to the supplies I used on this card. Have a wonderful day!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I'm sure your nephew will be tickled pink to receive this great card. You've made it lovely and bright with your choice of papers.I love these large word dies, I've started a collection of them and they're so versatile. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great masculine card! They are soooo hard to do!!

    ReplyDelete