Sunday, March 13, 2016

Happy Wedding

Good morning! Yesterday was a very special day - my hubby's youngest sister got married! I realized (last minute of course!) that I hadn't made a card for her yet - so I sat down the day before the wedding, and thanks to some beautiful Altenew stamps, was able to put this together fairly quickly!


There is just something about flowers embossed in white on vellum - I love how ethereal they are! I fussy cut them out, arranged them on the card the way I wanted with the sentiment banner over the top, then used Press and Seal to lift the entire thing up, applying adhesive behind it (but only to the flowers, then lifted and placed it back on with the Press and Seal, then carefully peeled that off. I added some silver thread, then attached the sentiment banner with some foam adhesive. Finished off with a scallop die tucked behind, a few Pretty Pink Posh silver sequins, and a bit of black ink splatters.


Thanks for stopping by today! Supplies are linked below - have a wonderful day!!!



5 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS, ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!
    The embossed vellum is such an ELEGANT touch - LOVE IT, LOVE your colour combo too!!!
    ... I confess that I am waiting on notification for when some of my favourite Altenew stamps are back in stock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just GORGEOUS! THe Embossing just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, this is just beautiful and very elegant. I'm sure the bride and groom would have loved receiving it. Unfortunately we don't have glad pressNseal over here in Australia so I'm not sure what the alternative would be. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wedding card. I can't wait to try embossing on vellum.

    ReplyDelete