Monday, March 14, 2016

Sheep with Texture

Good morning! My Mom's birthday was last week, and we celebrated it yesterday after church. She kinda has a thing for sheep - and has collected them for as long as I could remember, so I'm always looking for a good sheep stamp to use on a birthday card for her. Needless to say, as soon as I saw this cutie from the new Melody's Easter from the Simon Says Stamp Reason to Smile release, I knew I had to have it!


It paired perfectly with a sentiment from Choose Happy - and I stamped and watercolored it in, then added some "wool" to my sheep by shredding up some of the new SSS white felt (not really easy, because that stuff holds together pretty well - but with the help of my scissors and some time, I made it work!) - and attached it to the body and on the forehead of the sheep. Also cut out some white felt clouds, added a doily, some torn vellum, pattern paper, and a bit of ivory jute twine.


I love all the texture on this card! Here are links to all the supplies I used on it - thanks for stopping by, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom! :)



2 comments: