Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Place cards with background stamps...


Hi there! Haven't had much crafty time lately it seems, so thought I would share something I worked on a while ago and hadn't had a chance to share yet!
I did these with a friend of mine - she needed something cute to label food at a birthday party. So...we went to work and this is what we came up with! We cut all the tags with my Cricut - and I can't for the LIFE of me remember which cartridge I found the label shape on! We stamped them with several different Peachy Keen background stamps, and a Market Street background stamp using Tim Holtz distress ink in various colors. We cut out an oval for each one, inked the edges in the same distress ink color, and stuck that on to leave a space to write. Finished off by wrapping a bit of jute twine from Ribbon Carousel around and tying a simple knot.
Here is one in action - isn't it pretty?!?!?!


On a side note - I added a bundle of random Unity stamps to my sale page - and there are still a few more days to make a purchase and have a chance at the paper pad prize!!! Click HERE - or on the tab above that says CRAFTY STUFF FOR SALE to read all the details!



3 comments:

  1. Heather ~ these are so CUTE! What a CLEVER idea to use for labeling food!!! They turned out BEAUTIFUL with all those backgrounds!! Sorry can't help you on the cut ~ I seem to forget what I have used often too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little place card...pretty stamping and shape! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful Heather! I am sure your friend was very proud to use them. I know I would be! They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete